School is not just about lessons. Our vision is that ‘ everyone can achieve their highest potential and ambition through daily personal and academic excellence.’ Therefore we place great importance in the wider aspects of school life to help pupils find and develop their talents and ambitions through activities which enrich the curriculum and broaden their horizons beyond the classroom and the school gates. It is sometimes the extra opportunities which can spark an interest and can lead to wonderful careers.
As a new school, provision will grow as the school expands. However here are some examples of what we currently offer:
- We have a wide range of lunch time and after school clubs across the curriculum. We expect all pupils to attend at least one activity.
- We work closely with Manchester United Foundation who provide activities and visits which open pupils’ eyes to career opportunities and motivate pupils to succeed.
- We work with the Diane Modahl Sports Foundation and ReachOut mentoring charity which help motivate and inspire disadvantaged pupils through sport and 1-1 subject mentoring support in an evening.
- We organise day trips to places of interest which support the curriculum.
- Pupils have the opportunity to go on a residential Outward Bound trip to learn various outdoor skills and develop resilience and personal responsibility.
- From Year 9 onwards pupils have the opportunity to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Pupils have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in school.
- Pupils have the opportunity to debate issues and join in School Council events across the Trust and within Manchester.
- We are developing STEM participation and links with local industries and Manchester University.
- We participate in sports tournaments which include local schools and inter- Trust matches.
View our enrichment gallery.